Based in Espoo, Finland
29 January, 2020
Mortal Glory is a fantasy-themed tactical turn-based roguelike about recruiting a team of gladiators and pitting them against brutal competition in a blood-soaked tournament. Train your gladiators, find a legendary sword, learn ancient spells, recruit a celebrity, cheat - do whatever it takes to bring glory to your name!
The idea for Mortal Glory was born out of love for roguelikes and inspired by an old Finnish indie classic called "Areena 5". The development was started April 2019 with zero game development experience by a one-man team with limited time available. Weekends were sacrificed, caffeine was consumed and the well of determination was fully utilized. After 9 months (~1000 hours), Mortal Glory was finished.
- Recruit gladiators - Not everyone is made equal. Each race will come with its different strengths and weaknesses. Likewise, each individual will have an unique set of attributes. Can you form a team that has a shot at the trophy?
- Tactical turn-based combat - Position your units in battle for maximum benefit and launch a devastating assault at the decisive moment. Each fight will provide unique opportunities to exploit.
- Random Events - A Mysterious figure appears... Random occurrences are guaranteed, but will they lead you to glory or an early grave?
- Rare Loot - Receive an heirloom sword after a victory or find a bargain from the local shopkeeper. Each item you run into presents an opportunity to find a legendary artifact fit for cutting down the competition.
- Each attempt is different - Thanks to roguelike elements, no two playthroughs of the game will be the same. Hone your tactics, adapt your playstyle and reach for the glory!
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Redbeak Games
Redbeak Games is a one-man indie game studio based in Espoo, Finland. We have a passion for making games that we could see ourselves submerging into - games that make you wonder where did the sun go.
More information on Redbeak Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mortal Glory Credits